April 29, 2022
Listed below is a schedule of public meetings of the Wayne State University Board of Governors and its committees for 2020-2021 and 2022-2023. Regular Board meetings and meetings of the standing committees are currently meeting virtually unless indicated otherwise in the notice of meetings. A notice will be distributed prior to each meeting.
The Wayne State University Board of Governors will meet on Friday, June 24, 2022 in the Ballroom at the Student Center Building, 5221 Gullen Mall, Detroit, MI 48202. The schedule of meetings is shown below.
Budget and Finance Committee – 9:00 a.m.
Academic Affairs Committee – 10:00 a.m.
Personnel Committee – 11:00 a.m.
Board of Governors Meeting – 2:30 p.m.
Vice President and Secretary to the Board of Governors
Clicking on one of the meeting dates below will take you to its corresponding page with all of the related documents. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print the documents.
- Official Notice of Meeting
Academic Affairs Committee
- Approval of Minutes, March 11, 2022
- Presentation: Law School
- Establishment of a Graduate Certificate Program in Geographic Information Sciences
- Establishment of a Bachelor of Science in Astronomy
- Discontinuance of the Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
- Discontinuance of the Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education
- Discontinuance of the Bachelor of Arts in Special Education
- Revision of Board of Governors Statute 2.34.04 on Transfer Students
- Revision of Board of Governors Statute 2.43.12 on Guidelines for Undergraduate Certificates
- Revision of Board of Governors Statute 2.34.07 on Grading Policy
- Revision of Board of Governors Statute 2.43.62 on Academic Recognition of Deceased or Critically Ill Students
- Budget and Finance Committee
Student Affairs Committee
- Approval of Minutes, January 28, 2022
- Presentation: Update on Student Success Update and Enrollment
- Alternative Spring Break
Board of Governors
- Approval of Consent Agenda
- Approval of Official Proceedings, March 11, 2022
- Approval of Personnel Recommendations
- Academic Affairs Report — Update from the Provost
- Division of Research 2021 Highlights
- Government and Community Affairs Report
- Economic Development Report
- Development and Alumni Affairs Report
- Establishment of Endowment Funds
- Report of Actions
- Minutes and Proceedings Approved at Meetings of April 29, 2022