January 31, 2020
Listed below is the schedule of public meetings of the Wayne State University Board of Governors and its committees. Regular Board meetings and meetings of the standing committees will be held in the McGregor Memorial Conference Center - Alumni House complex, unless indicated otherwise in the monthly official notice of meetings.
The Wayne State University Board of Governors will meet on Friday, June 19, 2020. Due to the University's concern for social distancing at this time, in concern for public health, no public gallery seating will be available for this meeting. The Board meeting will be available via live-stream at https://wayne.edu/live beginning at 9:30 a.m. on June 19, 2020.
The schedule of meetings is shown below.
Academic Affairs Committee – 9:30 a.m.
Student Affairs Committee – 10:00 a.m.
Board of Governors Meeting – 3:00 p.m.
Please note, with the shelter-in-place order by Governor Whitmer, many offices at the university are working remotely, including the Office of the Secretary/Board of Governors. To ensure that requests to address the board at its June 5th meeting are received in a timely manner, individuals wishing to submit a request are asked to submit it electronically through the links provided at this website. The deadline for submission of such requests (48 hours prior to the meeting) is 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 17. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Julie Miller, secretary, Board of Governors
Clicking on one of the meeting dates below will take you to its corresponding page with all of the related documents. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print the documents.
- Official Notice of Meetings
Budget and Finance Committee
- Approval of Minutes, December 6, 2019
- Contingency Reserve
- Gordon H. Scott Hall Vivarium Renovation Project
- Parking Lot 22 Michigan Department of Transportation Construction
- Arena Cost Increase Authorization
- Annual Investment and Debt Update
- Annual Report on Long-Term Investment
- Major Capital and Real Estate Projects Overview
- Purchasing Exceptions
- Student Affairs Committee
Board of Governors
- Approval of Consent Agenda: Reconsideration of Actions Items – December 6, 2019 Meeting
- Approval of Consent Agenda: January 31, 2020
- Approval of the Official Proceedings of December 6, 2019
- Personnel Recommendations, January 31, 2020
- Request to Award a Baccalaureate Degree to a Critically Ill Student
- Academic Affairs Informational Report — Student, Faculty and Academic Staff Achievements
- External Research Funding Report
- Government and Community Affairs Report
- Economic Development Report
- Development and Alumni Affairs Report
- Establishment of Endowment Funds
- Dissolution of Endowment Funds
- Ratification of Telephone Vote
- Report of Actions, January 31, 2020
- Minutes and Proceedings Approved at Meetings of January 31, 2020