March 08, 2023
Listed below is a schedule of public meetings of the Wayne State University Board of Governors and its committees for 2020-2021 and 2022-2023. A notice will be distributed prior to each meeting.
The Wayne State University Board of Governors will meet on Wenesday, March 8, 2023 in the Ballroom at the Student Center Building, 5221 Gullen Mall, Detroit, MI 48202. The schedule of meetings is shown below.
Budget and Finance Committee –9:00 a.m.
Academic Affairs Committee – 10:45 a.m.
Student Affairs Committee – 11:30 a.m.
Board of Governors Meeting – 3:45 p.m.
Vice President and Secretary to the Board of Governors
Clicking on one of the meeting dates below will take you to its corresponding page with all of the related documents. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print the documents.
- Official Notice of Meeting
Budget and Finance Committee
- Approval of Minutes, January 26, 2023
- Contingency Reserve
- Authorization for Grant Agreement
- Authorization to Sell Bonds
- Five-Year Capital Renewal Plan
- Elevator Modernizations/Replacement Program
- Matthaei Comprehensive Cooling
- Bioscience Building Automation System Replacement
- George L. Beecher House HVAC Improvements
- STEM Innovation Learning Center
- PS 5 Parking Structure Repairs and Maintenance
- Freer House Exterior Envelope
- Informational Report: Major Capital Projects Summary
- Purchasing Exceptions
Academic Affairs Committee
- Approval of Minutes, December 2, 2022
- Presentation: School of Medicine
- Establishment of New Program for the Bachelor of Arts in Law
- Establishment of a New Program for the Bachelor of Science in General Engineering
- Discontinuance of the Master of Science in Athletic Training
- Discontinuance of the Master of Science in Taxation
- Discontinuance of the Post Bachelor Certificate in Forensic Investigation
- Change the Name of the Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science to the Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science
- Student Affairs Committee
Board of Governors
- Approval of Consent Agenda
- Approval of the Official Proceedings, January 26, 2023
- Recommendation for Senior Administrative Appointment
- Special Topic: Update on WDET
- Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies Charter Renewal
- Academic Affairs Report — Update from the Provost
- Government and Community Affairs Report
- Economic Development Report
- Report on Waivers Approved to Board Statute 2.41.01.140
- Development and Alumni Affairs Report
- Establishment of Endowment Funds
- Report of Actions
- Minutes and Proceedings Approved at Meetings of March 8, 2023