September 20, 2019
Listed below is the schedule of public meetings of the Wayne State University Board of Governors and its committees. Regular Board meetings and meetings of the standing committees will be held in the McGregor Memorial Conference Center - Alumni House complex, unless indicated otherwise in the monthly official notice of meetings.
The Wayne State University Board of Governors will meet on Friday, May 1, 2020. Due to the University's concern for social distancing at this time, in concern for public health, no public gallery seating will be available for this meeting. The Board meeting will be available via live-stream at https://wayne.edu/live beginning at 9:00 a.m. on May 1, 2020.
The schedule of meetings is shown below.
Academic Affairs Committee – 9:00 a.m.
Budget and Finance Committee – 10:00 a.m.
Student Affairs Committee – 11:30 a.m.
Board of Governors Meeting – 3:00 p.m.
Please note, with the shelter-in-place order by Governor Whitmer, many offices at the university are working remotely, including the Office of the Secretary/Board of Governors. To ensure that requests to address the board at its May 1st meeting are received in a timely manner, individuals wishing to submit a request are asked to submit it electronically through the links provided at this website. The deadline for submission of such requests (48 hours prior to the meeting) is 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 29. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Julie Miller, secretary, Board of Governors
Clicking on one of the meeting dates below will take you to its corresponding page with all of the related documents. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print the documents.
- Official Notice of Meeting
Academic Affairs Committee
- Approval of Minutes, June 21, 2019
- Presentation – College of Engineering
- Presentation – Update on Summer Programs
- Informational Report – Revisions for the New Program for the Bachelor of General Studies
- Establishment of a New Program for the Bachelor of Science with a Major in Community Health
- Establishment of a Bachelor of Science with a Major in Health and Physical Education Teaching
- Establishment of a Bachelor of Science with a Major in Exercise and Sport Science
- Establishment of a Master of Science with a Major in Community Health
- Establishment of a Master of Science with a Major in Health and Physical Education Teaching
- Establishment of a Master of Science with a Major in Exercise and Sport Science
- Establishment of a Master of Arts Program in Geology (Non-Thesis Option)
- Discontinuance of the Bachelor of Science in Education with a Major in Health Education
- Discontinuance of the Bachelor of Science in Education with a Major in Kinesiology
- Discontinuance of the Master of Education with a Major in Health Education
- Discontinuance of the Master of Education with a Major in Kinesiology
- Status Report on Accreditation 2019
Budget and Finance Committee
- Approval of Minutes: May 1, 2019 Revised
- Approval of Minutes: June 17, 2019 Special Meeting
- Approval of Minutes: June 21, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Contingency Reserve
- Fiscal Year 2020 General Fund Budget
- Fiscal Year 2020 Auxiliary Fund Budget
- Authorization to Sell Bonds – Amended
- Intramural Field Construction
- Football Stadium Elevator Construction
- Matthaei Office Addition
- 12C Building Magnetic Resonance Imaging System for Laboratory Applications (MRI) Installation Project
- FY2021-2025 Five-Year Capital Outlay Plan
- Informational Report: Major Capital and Real Estate Projects
- Purchasing Exceptions
Board of Governors
- Approval of Consent Agenda
- Approval of the Official Proceedings: June 7, 2019 Special Board Meeting
- Approval of the Official Proceedings:June 21, 2019 Regular Board Meeting
- Personnel Recommendations
- Special Topic: 2016-2021 Strategic Plan
- Board Committee Reports - Bylaws Review Committee
- Academic Affairs Informational Report — Student, Faculty and Academic Staff Achievements
- Overview of Total Research Funding through July 31, 2019*
- Report on Waivers Approved to Board Statute 2.41.01.140
- University Contract with a Company Owned by a Wayne State University College of Engineering Faculty Member
- University Subcontract with a Company in Which a Wayne State University Employee is a Board Member
- University Contract for Art Appraisal by a Company Owned by a Family Member of Wayne State University Employee
- Government and Community Affairs Report
- Economic Development Report
- Development and Alumni Affairs Report
- Establishment of Endowment Funds
- Dissolution of Endowment Funds
- Revised Schedule of Meetings, 2019-2020 and 2020-2021
- Report of Actions, September 20, 2019
Minutes and Proceedings Approved at Meetings of September 20, 2019
- Academic Affairs Committee minutes, June 21, 2019
- Budget and Finance Committee minutes-revised, May 1, 2019
- Budget and Finance Committee minutes-Special, June 17, 2019
- Budget and Finance Committee minutes, June 21, 2019
- Official Proceedings-Special, June 7, 2019
- Official Proceedings-Draft, June 21, 2019